This resource was developed as part of the first workshop with Shift’s Business Learning program participant companies.
What are key factors for success in embedding respect for human rights into a company’s DNA – the way it gets business done on an everyday basis?
This resource captures and distills company reflections on what it takes to embed respect for human rights into corporate culture, focused on the following key areas:
- “Tone from the top”: commitment from leadership;
- Appropriately setting up the human rights function in the company;
- Creating the space for human rights amongst competing priorities;
- Effectively communicating the relevance of human rights at an operational level and with supply chain partners;
- Finding the appropriate balance between clarity and flexibility in policies and processes.